New Patients at Cox Orthodontics
Initial Orthodontic Consultation
At Cox Orthodontics your initial consultation is complimentary. This is your chance to learn more about how orthodontics can help you achieve your dream smile. Your appointment will consist of:
- Review of your medical and dental history
- Complete oral exam with x-rays and photos needed to determine if treatment is necessary.
- A thorough overview of your current orthodontic status and how we can improve your smile.
- Discuss financial information including personalized in-office interest-free financing. We will also discuss any additional incentives you may be eligible for at that time, like discounts for payment in full.
We understand that scheduling appointments around work and school is hard to do, so along with convenient after work/school hours, we will try to combine as many appointments as possible to fit your busy lifestyles. When you choose to move forward with treatment at Cox Orthodontics your next steps will be:
- Sign the initial financial agreement.
- Review of consents and other paperwork to set up the financial plan.
- Choosing which braces option you prefer that can best align your smile.
- Paying the down payment.
- Getting braces on!
Your Braces Are On
Then the fun begins! Our treatment is set up to continue working while you are away from the office, but we need to be certain that it is activated and headed the right direction about every 4-6 weeks. Usually these adjustment appointments are fairly quick. During this time, we will:
- Remove your colored or clear ties on the braces.
- Make adjustments to the wires or brackets.
- Retie with NEW COLORS! You can be as creative or discrete in your choices as you want!
- Set up your next appointment.
How You Can Help
Orthodontic treatment truly is a partnership between your orthodontist and YOU. There are several steps you can take to ensure the best and fastest route to your beautiful healthy smile.
Keep your appointments regular. We understand that life happens, which is why we have flexible appointment times to work around your sometimes hectic lives. The better you stick to your individualized recommended schedule, the faster you will see your smile change.
Keep them clean! Brushing and flossing never before has been more important than during braces. While braces and clear aligners can be used to get beautiful results, it is extremely important to properly care for them to avoid undesired results. Dr. Evan Cox takes this part of treatment extremely seriously and requires the commitment from patient and parents to be sure you avoid those unfortunate consequences. He will give you all the tools necessary and give regular updates on how you are doing.
Braces safe diet. The key to moving teeth is keeping braces and buttons attached to the teeth! Sticking to a braces friendly diet will ensure less emergencies and that movement continues forward.
We’re Here for You
If at any time during your smile journey you need a question answered or help with your treatment, please ask us. We help patients love their smiles all-day everyday!
Love your smile today!
Are you ready to be fearless and let your smile shine? We are here to help give you a smile that shows your personality, lights up a room, and allows you to embrace the confidence you deserve to feel. At Cox Orthodontics, we are passionate about providing you with a smile you will be proud of and forever changing your life. To find out more information or make an appointment with Dr. Cox, contact us today!
Let’s do this.